Friday, September 7, 2012

Thing Three! Blogs in the Classroom? Who Knew?!

I never thought of using a blog in the classroom until now.  A blog could be a useful communication tool.  Events for the week can be posted for parents to see so they know what their child will be doing in class.  I could also use a blog to get input from the parents on ideas if I need them.  Posting assignments and test dates could be helpful for parents, too, so that they could make sure that their child had assignments ready and were ready when test dates came around.  I could post events, not only in the classroom, but in the school to make sure the parents know about them.

The sharing of ideas is also a great use for blogs.  I could post about activities that my class did that worked out great for other teachers to try.  I could share my thoughts on teaching methods how they worked for me, or didn't, so other teachers can possibly learn from my experiences.

Blogs are basically a great tool for getting information out there to be seen!

2 comments:

  1. You've made a great point about posting things that work and don't work. Not everything we do will always be a total success. Also, our blogs are great places to get feedback on activities we are planning so others with experience can offer us help so things can run smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job on your post! I like the idea of getting parent's input with their child's blog. And you blog is too cute! :)

    ReplyDelete