Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Thing Eight! Flickr Mashups

Magnetic Letter E Bead Letter M Scrabble Coaster Letter I Puffy Sticker Letter L letter Y
The Flickr mashups were fun!  I have always loved those pictures that have names spelled out of random objects, so I jumped at the chance to play around with this one!  I think that this particular mashup would be very good for teachers in the elementary level!  I would use this to spell out each student's first name and make them into cute name tags.  This would be a good alternative to the same old name tags that we all probably had in elementary school.

The other mashups that you could use to make mosaics and collages would be great for students use on projects.  They could find pictures of historical events or they could even use it on a introductory project and use pictures of themselves or family members to introduce themselves to the class. Tools like these are great for bringing the creativity out in students! The possibilities are endless!

2 comments:

  1. Emily your mosaics idea sure does sounds cool. I aspire to be a k-7th grade art teacher and this does sound like a great idea to bring out creativity in students. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love the idea of the introductory project! What a fun way to get to know your students and for them to get to know their fellow classmates!

    ReplyDelete