Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Thing Nine! Getting Creative with Generators!

I used the smiley face generator for this one.  This took me a little while to get it to look just the way I wanted.  I couldn't get all of the text on the sign at first, but I eventually got it all there.  This would be fun for an elementary classroom!  A smiley face could greet them with a special message every morning when they get to school.


                            ImageChef.com
                                                        http://www.imagechef.com/
This one came from imagechef.  I really goofed off with this, but it could definitely be used for serious things, too!  This was super easy to make.  It was just a matter of uploading a photo and the site does the rest!  I could use this to award students for various things, such as doing his/her homework all week, or having perfect behavior.  I could print these off and post them in the classroom.  This site has so many different things that you can make, it could be used for so many different things!  A very good tool!

3 comments:

  1. I also think the smiley face generator would be great to use for a elementary class. The imaginechef would be great to use to award students. I agree that these would be great to use in an elementary class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have used the smiley face generator. The imaginechef looks great. Kids love new ways of learning. Having a greeting especially for them on the computer or smartboard every morning would be an exciting way to invite the students to come to school, especially on their birthdays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the idea of using these graphics to award students! What student wouldn't love to be a star and be featured on something. Then they can show it off to their friends and family. That could surely create a lasting memory of a good experience in that child's mind. I like the idea behind the smiley face generator aswell. An encouraging message is always nice to read when you walk into the classroom. I don't know about you but I am always noticing all the little changes that happen in classrooms so I would definitely read this if it were posted on the wall or smartboard.

    ReplyDelete