Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Thing Sixteen! A Helping Hand

I chose iGoogle as my startup page.  I chose iGoogle because I use Google all the time, and it is a tool that I am familiar with.  I really like how you can remove widgets that you don't want, and move them around in the order that you want them.  I love customizing everything, so I loved how I could put a picture at the top of my iGoogle page!  I have made my iGoogle my permanent homepage.

Online calendars can be useful, not only for keeping events in organized and making reminders, but an online calendar can be more safe from being erased than one made into a computer.  If your computer crashes, you lose the calendar that was on the computer.  If you have an online calendar, your information is still there, and you can access it from any computer.

Online to-do lists, to me, are more work than they are worth.  I would much rather write my to-do list down so I can feel the satisfaction of physically crossing items off.

I would recommend iGoogle to everyone!  You can have all of the information that is important to you in one place, and it can pop up as soon as you hit your internet browser!  This can be useful at home and in the classroom!  You can use the news provided by iGoogle to discuss current events with your students.

No comments:

Post a Comment